National Standardisation Programme
- Created: Friday, 31 August 2012 14:37
- Last Updated: Monday, 05 March 2018 16:44
- Published: Friday, 31 August 2012 14:37
The National Standardisation Programme, presented hereafter, collects all the projects of technical standards that are being developed by CEI.
This document not only allows the reader to have a complete and, at the same time, detailed vision of the national technical activity presently pursued, but also to meet the requirements of UE Regulation (EU) No. 1025/2012, which represents the legal basis of European standardisation. Indeed, this Regulation states:
- article 3.1: “At least once a year, each European standardisation organisation and national standardisation body shall establish its work programme. That work programme shall contain information on the standards and European standardisation deliverables which a European standardisation organisation or national standardisation body intends to prepare or amend, which it is preparing or amending and which it has adopted in the period of the preceding work programme, unless these are identical or equivalent transpositions of international or European standards.”
- article 3.3: “Each European standardisation organisation and national standardisation body shall make its work programme available on its website or any other publicly available website, as well as make a notice of the existence of the work programme available in a national or, where appropriate, European publication of standardisation activities.”
The National Standardisation Programme includes the detailed list of the international and European standards that CEI is going to adopt in its role of recognised Italian standardisation body and of the standards of national origin that are under development, public enquiry or final publication.
In this respect it is worthwhile to remind that, with reference to the overall situation at the end of 2016, relevant to the distribution of CEI standards (and technical guides) in force, 94% of CEI normative documents are of international origin (i.e. elaborated in IEC, around 83%) or of European origin (i.e. elaborated in CENELEC, around 10%) and 6% are of purely national origin (i.e. elaborated in CEI).
In this respect it is worthwhile to remind that, with reference to the overall situation at the end of 2013, relevant to the distribution of CEI standards (and technical guides) in force, 93% of CEI normative documents are of international origin (i.e. elaborated in IEC) or of European origin (i.e. elaborated in CENELEC) and 7% are of purely national origin (i.e. elaborated in CEI).
For completeness, the National Standardisation Programme is integrated with a third part, not explicitly required by Regulation (UE) No. 1025/2012, which lists other normative documents of national origin, especially the CEI Technical Guides, that are under development in support of CEI standards in force.
The National Standardisation Programme is reviewed every six months so as to present a constantly updated situation of the ongoing standardisation activities.